AB Managed Volatility Equities Fund - MVE Class
The AB Managed Volatility Equities Fund - MVE Class aims to achieve returns that exceed the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation
Index after fees over the medium to long term.
- The Fund is designed for equity investors seeking lower volatility, reduced downside risk
falling equity markets, and the potential for long-term capital growth and some income,
franked Australian dividend income.
- The Fund invests mainly in Australian Securities Exchange (ASX)–listed shares, with up to
20% of its
assets in global developed-market shares, and has the ability to hold up to 20% in cash, for
as a short-term defensive measure at times of heightened equity market volatility.
- The Fund implements a managed-volatility equities strategy that aims to reduce volatility by
identifying, and investing in, high-quality listed equity securities that have reasonable
valuations, high-quality cash flows and relatively stable share prices.
- The Fund does not always hedge the foreign currency exposures of its global equity assets to
Australian dollars, and the investment manager has the discretion to determine the extent to
any foreign currency exposure is reduced or removed. For example, the investment manager may
not to remove a foreign currency exposure if it believes it offers defensive characteristics
would assist in lowering the volatility of the Fund.
- The Fund may also invest in preference shares, rights, convertibles, warrants, securities
reasonably expect to be listed within six months (including initial public offerings), listed
and/or other synthetic foreign equity securities.
- Derivatives may be used to manage risks, invest cash, manage volatility and gain, or reduce
investment exposures. Derivatives will not be used for leveraging or gearing purposes.
Base Currency: Australian Dollars
Subscription / Redemption: Daily